Monday, August 11, 2008

Sore boob and grumpy just about covers it

Thank God the Olympics were on yesterday. I didn't really get out of my nightclothes. Didn't feel like it and literally, there's a rather painful burning sensation going on in my right breast. It pretty much hurts all the time now.

I'm guessing it's from missing tissue and nerves from the lumpectomy. I had no idea it was going to hurt so bad 2 plus weeks after the procedure. Chalk this up to something else I wasn't warned about. I went through all my postoperative stuff - there's nothing in there saying my boob would be sore enough to make me want to puke. Thanks Doc!

I guess I need to brace myself for the worst eventuality with the bilateral mastectomy. Especially because I just read the preoperative information from the doctor and it doesn't differ very much from the lumpectomy instructions. Something isn't computing but I guess since I'll be in the hospital for a few days, the nurses will make sure I have all the information that I need (I hope).

I quit smoking after our family reunion on Saturday....hence the "grumpy" title. We'll see how that goes. It's going ok now but I'm really having a hard time even with the help of my trusty Smoke Away pills. Not the same as a smoke. But then I guess nothing is the same. So far, I'm not replacing it with lozenges or gum - I want to quit, not pick up another bad habit.

Having a blast here.

No comments: