Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Been Busy

And trying to squeeze in a nap here and there because I'm so stinking tired all the time. I still drop off to sleep at the blink of an eye. Not a really safe thing when I'm home alone with Jackie. So I stay on my feet to keep from getting sleepy.

Had blood work done last week to test liver enzymes and counts. Counts were okay and I'm waiting on the results of the enzyme tests. These will tell me if I can still take Tamoxifen. I guess I should call them.

I didn't realize I've been getting marker tested throughout these long months of treatment. I find that pretty funny. I wasn't even aware of it. Walter told me when he did my blood draw last week :) I'm clueless and forgetful. Frankly, if I hadn't written this post I would have forgotten about my enzymes too.

I did mow the lawn yesterday. It kicked my butt. I don't ever remember being so tired after mowing the lawn on such a cool evening. But it helped out Bill who has bad allergies.

Steffie is almost out of school. She's started swim team this week with nightly swims in a very cold pool. I take evil delight in this for some odd reason. Whenever she's giving me sass, I just think of the freezing cold pool and feel better. Evil mom :) We do some serious drama around here - even the cats!

Kate finished her freshman year with great grades at MD. She's home for the summer, working an internship teaching water therapy to the elderly.

We leave for vacation on June 12th right after Steffie gets out of school. We're all excited. The whole crew is going and taking the bikes.

Jackie got her very first big kid bike 2 weeks ago. She's got a pretty pink helmet and she's riding with training wheels like a champ. She still tips over at times (and this is hilariously funny - mean mommy again). I took her out for her first real ride on her own bike with me on my bike on Monday. Jackie followed all my instructions to the letter. She's proud of herself and rightfully so.

Mom's birthday is today :) Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Billy's birthday was Saturday :) Happy Birthday Bill!!!

In honor of Mimi's birthday, I'm posting a Clyde pic
















The whole problem with this cat is he thinks he's human. This drives Bill crazy since he says I attribute human qualities to my animals. At least I'm not living in denial. I know who is really ruling the roost around here :)

He's just too cute, isn't he?

7 comments:

Sara Diana said...

Chemo has made me forgetful and tired. Simple tasks just whack you out. I humanise my animals too! I analyse each animal and can match them personality to personality.

Roxanne said...

Wow. Mowed the grass! That's awesome. You have just inspired me. Glad your feeling well. Keep up on that rest. Blessings.

Daria said...

Yes wow ... cut the grass is amazing.


Love the cat!

OddBall said...

Get a dog, they're cats with personalities.

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Great blog! I added you to my blogroll, Cancer Blog Links at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, dennis

S. F. Heron said...

Hi Everyone! Yes, I mowed the lawn. Will I be doing it again soon? I don't think so. I'm still tired :)

Dennis, welcome to you!

T. said...

I don't know about you all, but my cats are little humans in furry coats! :)

Glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you, g/f...and happy birthday to Mimi and Bill!

xo!

t.