Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snap, Crackle, Pop

The skin has peeled under my arm. Came home from Mom's and pulled my shirt off. What a wonderful present. I promptly freaked and called the on-call Doc to see what to do.

The silvadene is safe to use as it's antimicrobial (like a step up from neosporin). This really hurts, like heavy duty peeling sunburn. My best guess is that I have 2 more sessions under my arm if I understand correctly. I wonder if it'll hurt even more with treatment when the skin is broken?

Dr. A was on vacation last week so I'll feel better when I see him Monday. His nurse is wonderful and she's been a peach all week, checking on me and making sure I'm okay with pain and skin. I should've been more aware about the skin under my arm since she wanted to check me after treatment yesterday. Ignorance is bliss, right? I had no idea it was going to peel.

Mom supplied a new salt shaker (thanks Mom!) and like you said Sue, I know it's gonna show up soon since there's a replacement. Murphy's law.

Got my laptop back. All I can say is yippppeeeee!

We planted lots of seeds at Poppa's. Petunias, vinca, impatiens, and a multitiude of marigolds. We also added some Sweet Williams for my own Billy :) Jackie had a cow when she realized we were leaving the little pots there in the greenhouse.

BTW, fair warning everyone. I don't like this blog setup because it doesn't give me an edit button with the new template right under each post. So I might be changing the internet wallpaper again :)

Night everyone.

1 comment:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

The wallpaper is very pretty even though you might be missing the little wrench.