Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pulllllllease!!!! I have things to do!

Ah, the stupid blood counts were off this morning. Like really off. WBC and some other GR thing. Caused a whole delay to my day and this being the first one back in the saddle since Dec 30 chemo, I was geared up and ready to go.

Get blood draw
Get cat
Get Mom
Get Jackie's party packet from the little gym place
Go to vet
Return Mom
Go home
Do laundry
Nap

Not to be.

Blood draw results caused the wonderful vampire to call in the nurse, who insisted I see the Doc, who I love. So we wait. And the clock ticks. And this just about blows my whole morning.

I have a low grade fever (99.4) and it's a worry to everyone. So I get the BP and the heart rate thing, Doc comes in and makes me breathe some more. Had a little bloody nose this a.m. Told him that. What do I get? A Z-pak of antibiotics. All this drama. I don't even have a sore throat. So I ask Bill on the way home if this could be from the intestinal stuff. He says no. Well, why not? No answer - he just looks at me like I have chemo brain, which I do!

I don't feel sick. My nose is sniffly but then, I have no nose hair so that's a nuisance. I still feel wobbly but I felt fine driving. More drama.

So my day started later than I planned. And Mom met me at the vet. Did the rest of my errands with the cat helping and then me and kitty shared a chicken select meal from McD's. Gross, I know but I was starving! It was almost 1 p.m. at this point and I was waiting for my prescription. My stomach revolts if it's empty.

So here I sit, for all of like 30 minutes, waiting to get back in the car to go get Steffie. The cat is really mad and won't stop yelling at me. She needs to crash out in her kitty spot and shut up about it all.

Just like me, right!?

No comments: